NOTE – there is a new Coupon policy released for Atlantic provinces, but as of now their web site does not show any changes for us here in the Western Provinces.
As a Corporate policy for Sobeys West, please see the following guidelines below.
Sobeys West locations include: All of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Ontario; Red Lake Sobeys & Dryden IGAonly. British Columbia; Chetwyn IGA, Fort Nelson IGA, Fort St. John Sobeys, Golden Sobeys & Invermere Sobeysonly.
- Coupons are issued by some companies as a rebate on their products and should be treated as a form of tender media.
- Coupons should be claimed anytime before the transaction is finished.
- One coupon only can be used against each item purchased.
- No reproductions/ photocopies of vendor coupons.
- Coupon cannot be redeemed against a free item.
- Coupon amount can exceed the retail value of the item and ‘cash back’ can be given or the extra amount can be applied against the remainder of the customer’s order.
- Verify the following on all coupons
• Expiration date
• Mailing address must be in Canada
- One of the following inscriptions should appear
• To the merchant
• To the retailer
• To the franchise
• To the dealer
- Cannot be a ‘Mailing coupon’ – to be mailed in by the Customers
- Same guidelines as vendor coupons
- Have a valid product name
- They are acceptable in black, white and in color
- Can be buy one, get one free coupons
- Have a Canadian remittance/redemption address (e.g. P.O. Box 3000 Saint John, NB)
- Have a valid expiry date
- Limited to one coupon per item purchased
- Will not be accepted for free product, but will be accepted for BOGO
- Are acceptable in black & white and color
- Must not be blurry
- Must have a UPC
- Redemption value per coupon cap $25
- We do not accept competitor coupons
Club Sobeys Coupons
- Club Sobeys bonus coupons are to be accepted in colour and/or in black and white. This applies to email exclusives, direct mail, and quarterly statements.
- All Club Sobeys bonus coupons must contain a plu or a scan able barcode to be considered legitimate.
- Sobeys/Club Sobeys mobile coupons to be accepted upon verification of plu by the cashier on the customer’s handheld device.
- The coupons must meet all printed terms and conditions to be accepted.
- All Club Sobeys coupons state in the legal that they can only be used for ‘one item per transaction per customer.
- We also comply with the vendor coupon restrictions. (e.g. One coupon per product per purchase, one coupon per product etc.)
PLEASE NOTE: We encourage all customers to visit this portion of our website regularly to verify any updates that may be made to our coupon policy.
Last updated: May, 2012